Monday, October 27, 2014

Houdini's First Day

Yesterday we walked over to our neighbor's and picked up the cat she had left for us when she moved out of state. Somehow I thought she'd be there to make sure we all bonded, but I guess she left on Sat. and we were out of town all day Saturday. After we got him home and settled in, she called and said there was both dry food and wet food over there for him, so we went back. The dry food was there all right, but no sign of the black bag with 4 cans of wet food. I'm guessing the landlady took it, since she is taking care of the other feral cats.

Today we had to go to town and we had to leave the  kitten alone. When we got back he was nowhere to be found. So I walked back to his old house and spotted 3 younger striped cats. But no black cat. So I went home and was about to talk to my boyfriend about it, where here comes the kitten from around the container. I think he crawled into our storage area to take a cat nap. He was hungry so we fed him again.

He'd never seen a chicken before. He keeps trying to befriend them, but gets a peck on the noggin for his troubles. He's very friendly and has already figured out how to jump on my lap and knock over my soda and get his paws in the hummus.

Someone on Facebook recommended the name Houdini. I do magic and of course I've heard of Houdini, so it seemed like the perfect name. As you can see from the photo, he is velvety black. Our new Halloween kitteh. 


Chickens and a barnyard cat. Now it feels like a real farmhouse.

No comments: